My Top Five Favorite Writing Products

Back in December, I was searching on Amazon for some gift ideas for my cousin. I keyed in "gifts for writers" in the search terms, and holy crap there was so much awesome stuff! From writing games, to notebooks, to the strangest of knick-knacks--I was totally amazed by some of the products available to writers. Looking around my room now, I realize there are a few cool things I have of my own that I think every writer should invest in having. So, here are my top five favorite writing products.


1. Binders.
 This is my writing binder. It's gold and sparkly and has a lot of wear and tear to it because it is my life.

This thing holds ideas for my current stories, future ideas, and items (like that picture of those children whom I don't know. It's the back of an ad for a book-printing company, I swear) that give me inspiration. I have specific labels for developing characters, plotting, etc., and in each tab are different notes, worksheets, and information I got online. Seriously--this thing is my baby. I highly recommend every writer have a binder. I plan to write a post for Tuesday that is more in-depth about how to make a binder like mine.
2. This awesome waterproof notepad. For those of you who didn't know this existed, prepare to be amazed. This fantastic little thing hanging in my shower is the AquaNotes Waterproof Notepad. YEAH. IT STICKS TO YOUR SHOWER WALL. My cousin got me this for my birthday, and I about died. I can't even count the number of times I've texted her after a long shower, going on and on about my latest story or plot twist idea. So for all you writers out there who get their best ideas in the shower but can't ever write them down, here you go. You can get this amazing little guy on Amazon for EIGHT DOLLARS. The pencil is waterproof, the paper is waterproof, and if you run out of room, the paper itself will stick to your shower wall if it's wet. Seriously, guys. Go buy this.
3. Organizers. Okay, so I don't really know what these are called. But this

and this

are both very important components to my desk/writing area. I use these lovely little organizers to keep my desk space clean and organized. With them, I know where all my folders and resources are at all times, and my writing area looks and feels clean. I definitely recommend having something like this if you tend to be a messy writer like me.
4. Travel-size notebooks. Need I say more? These things are amazing to fit in your pocket or purse. I always have some sort of notebook on me just in case.
5. The Writer's Toolbox. This is by far one of my favorite writing activities! My cousin also got me this for my birthday, and I absolutely love it. It includes a bunch of activities to do if you're stuck or bored with your writing, and it's really fun! We played this in my Creative Writing I class last semester, and it was an absolute blast. I definitely recommend this to any writer who tends to get here
stuck or bored with their writing easily. You can get this on Amazon

And there you have it! My top five favorite writing products. Let me know in the comments if you have any products you think a writer should have. I'd love to check them out! Also, a big thank you to everyone who commented or e-mailed me ideas for new blog posts. I seriously appreciate it, and you guys gave me some really great ideas! Check back on Tuesday where I'll show you guys how to make a writing binder similar to mine and where to find all the great, writer-ly goodness to fill it with. Until then, happy writing! (and shopping :D)