I'm giving up on writing (and I'll tell you why)


Hey guys. So... it's official. I've decided to quit writing.
...for a week.
Did I scare anyone? Sorry! :D
So, I don't know about any of you, but there have been multiple instances over the years where I've considered just giving up on writing. Whether it be due to writer's block, frustration, fear of the future, rejection, etc--I've considered it multiple times. But never have I actually done it.
Until now.
With all the chaos the last few weeks of this semester have brought me, I just haven't had as much time as I'd like to sit down and write! I haven't blogged as much, and I'm very behind on my daily word count goals for The Rosewood Does Not Lie. Needless to say, the thought of quitting has crossed my mind a few times. What's the point of pursuing writing if I never have time to actually write? (Of course, none of these thoughts have been serious. Mostly just the result of sleep-deprivation and stress.)
But what if I really did quit writing? How would that affect me? Do I write more often than I think I do?
I don't know, but I'm curious to find out! So I've decided to challenge myself to give up writing for one whole week. That means:
1. I can't work on any of my books or stories
2. I can't write poetry
3. I can't edit anything
4. I can't write a blog post
BUT I can write my reaction every night about how not writing that day affected me. Then I'll compile all those reactions (and most likely photos) into a blog post and post it next Thursday!
I'm having very mixed emotions about this. On one hand, I'm excited to have a whole week of no writing. Maybe I'll actually tackle the 20+ books on my shelf that haven't been read yet! But on the other hand, I'm kinda terrified. Writing is therapeutic for me, so going a whole week without it feels so...wrong. Ugh.
We'll see how this goes! Just so everyone is clear, I am NOT giving up writing forever. Writing is my passion! I'm simply giving it up for a week because I'm curious, and I think it will be a fun experiment for the blog! See you all next Thursday :D